Homeworld Options

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sat, 03/04/2017 - 12:55
Contributor
BulletProf's picture

Homeworld Options

<

p>I will use this thread to post Homeworld options for new characters. Starting it up with my Fortress World rules:

Quote:

Fortress World Rules

A character from a Fortress World applies the following benefits during character creation:

Characteristics Modifiers:

+ Toughness, + Willpower, - Perception

Fate Threshold

3 (Emperor’s Blessing 7+)

Homeworld Bonus:

Only in Death: The first time a Fortress World character would burn a Fate point to survive an otherwise lethal event, the character’s Fate point threshold is not reduced.

Home World Aptitude:

Toughness

Wounds:
This character starts with 8 + 1d5 wounds.

Reccomended Backgrounds:

Adeptus Arbites, Adeptus Astra Telepathica, Imperial Guard, Imperial Navy

As well as an alternate ability since most of homeworlds seem to have an aditional option introduced in one of the extra supplements

Quote:

Alternate Homeworld Bonus:

Shield of the Imperium: A fortress world character starts with either the Sound Constitution or Die Hard talent.

I shall be developing new homeworlds as I gain the time and inspiration. For now, any feedback on the fortress world rules?

Sun, 03/05/2017 - 17:25
Contributor
Drubbels's picture

Looks good. I do think that the DH2 rules call it 'burning Fate threshold', rather than 'burning Fate points'.

"Most people blunder around their hives, and all they see are habs and manufactoria and churches. When you serve the Inquisition, you see the battlefield."

Mon, 03/06/2017 - 10:39
Founder
Alexel Septimus's picture

I like it, but not sure about soaking a burn't fate point.

Not because it's not strong, but it's rather one shot and once it has been done, the character gets nothing special anymore. But that's just a feeling, the rule sounds cool to me.

Mon, 03/06/2017 - 16:12
Contributor
BulletProf's picture

Well, I could always switch that ability and the optional one around and phase out the free fate point burn for something else. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to mentioon them as I'm undergoing a creative drought.

Ad victoriam, ex machina, non sibi sed Imperator